1. HOW LONG WILL MY PROJECT TAKE?
Every project is different but assuming that there are no delays from your side of things a typical website will take between 4 and 8 weeks to be completed. Previously we have been able to complete a website in less than 2 weeks, however this is quite rare and it depends upon the projects.
2. HOW DOES THE DESIGN PROCESS WORK?
We will ask you to complete a short design questionnaire and then if we have any questions we will discuss them with you. Then we will undertake research on your industry to be able to create a design concept. This is an image of the homepage and we will then ask for your feedback. We will keep working on this design until you are 100% happy and then once you have approved it the website will be built. Please note that as we offer unlimited revisions we can guarantee that you will be 100% happy as we will keep working on it until you sign it off, however once the website is signed off and we start building it any further design changes may be chargeable.
3. WHAT DOES THE DESIGN QUESTIONNAIRE ASK?
In order for us to design a concept for your website and / or logo we ask you to complete the following questions. Please note that we offer unlimited revisions of the design until you are 100% happy to sign it off.
- 1) What does your company do, and what is the purpose of your website?
- 2) What pages would you like on the website? (e.g. Home, About, Services, Contact).
- 3) List any websites you like. Perhaps from a color, style or layout point of view. Please note that the website does not have to be the same type of business, we are just trying to understand the style that you require.
- 4) What is the target audience of your company / website?
- 5) Please tell us if you have an existing logo and color scheme. If not, is there a colour scheme or logo idea that you would like to suggest?
- 6) Do you have any companies in the same field that you are competing against? If you know of any, please provide the name or website address of them.
- 7) If you have anything else that you feel has not been covered by this questionnaire please list your comments here.
4. HOW CAN I PAY FOR MY PROJECT?
We accept debit cards, credit cards or bank transfers. When you sign up you will need to pay 50% upfront with the balance due when your site goes live. Our hosting charge starts from when you sign up.
5. DO YOU USE TEMPLATES?
No. We are a creative company with a strong team of web designers. Every website is individually designed around your exact requirements.
6. CAN I UPDATE MY WEBSITE ONCE IT IS LIVE?
Yes. Every website that we build is built using Editir. When it goes live we will give you a training session so that you are comfortable with basic changes. Sometimes if the change is more involved or requires new design input you may want to ask us to do it for you and this would fall under our standard hourly charge.
7. DO I NEED A SSL CERTIFICATE ON MY WEBSITE?
There is an increasing importance being driven by both browser development companies and Google for websites to have a SSL certificate where forms exist. In simple terms this just means that the form data being sent over the internet is encrypted and less likely to then be read by third parties. We agree that making forms secure helps make the internet more secure and may also help your website rank better in Google and therefore suggest that you consider a SSL certificate for your website. If you are an e-commerce website then we believe that it is essential that you have a SSL certificate for your website.
8. I ALREADY HAVE HOSTING, A DOMAIN OR EMAIL
That’s no problem at all. There are various different options so please contact us so that we can discuss the best configuration for you. Please note that our service is only offered as a hosted solution so your website will ultimately need to be hosted by us.
9. CAN YOU HELP ME WITH MY LOGO AND BRANDING
Yes. We offer a logo design service. This works much like our web design service where we will keep working on the design until you are 100% happy.
10. WHAT CONTENT MANAGEMENT (CMS) SYSTEMS DO YOU WORK WITH?
Every website that we build is built using Editir. This allows us to work efficiently but also to support all our clients well. We only work using this system and we offer our service as a hosted solution.
11. ONCE THE SITE IS LIVE HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET THINGS CHANGED?
You will be able to update your website using our content management system Editir. However if you need something more involved or don’t have time then we will make any updates required for our standard hourly charge plus VAT. We will agree every support task with you upfront so that you understand exactly what is involved.